Another classic coffee-based mixed drink, the Irish coffee is a staple of St. Patrick’s Day menus all over. However, there have been similar coffee-liquor drinks throughout Europe that pre-date the Irish coffee by at least 100 years. Disregarding that, Irish Coffee is a simple, sweet, and delicious mixed drink even when it isn’t St. Patty’s Day.
- 6 oz brewed Irish Elegance coffee
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ½ oz Jameson or similar Irish whiskey
- Sweetened whipped cream or make your own with 2 cans of evaporated milk & 1 can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Brew coffee using your favorite brew method
- Add coffee to the glass, leaving about an inch for whipped cream, added sugar and whiskey stirring until sugar is dissolved
- Add the whipped cream to the drink
~Keep your boots in the stirrups and your Bible in your saddle bag.
~ Kathleen ~–